The Terms of Reference of the Employment and Skills Advisory Group are to;
- Determine the main priorities and annual workplan of the Advisory Group, including the remit and membership of all Research and Advisory Task Groups. Monitor Task Groups’ progress and consider their findings;
- Through the Adviser, provide evidence-based employment and skills advice to the Minister for Employment and Learning and the UK Commission for Employment and Skills, ensuring the business view is represented;
- Assure and challenge existing strategies on employment and skills in Northern Ireland;
- Identify actions that need to be progressed in order to address employment and skills more effectively;
- Promote skills investment and achieve greater engagement by employers and individuals on skills issues and the benefits of enhanced skills, particularly amongst SMEs;
- Identify and champion international best practice, including the commissioning of research in conjunction with the Department for Employment and Learning and UKCES; and
- Agree an annual assessment of how the Department for Employment and Learning is performing with regard to employment and skills targets.